Monday, August 18, 2008

Black Is Beautiful

As I sat in my apartment going through trash and crap that I brought with me from home(I'm the # 1 pack rat), I came accross a business card/ flyer that caught my eye.
I remembered who I got it from, some guy in Little 5 Points who was selling dope T-shirts out of one of those lil shops. He made, and printed them himself, and I would have helped out with his hustle, but I didn't have cash on me that day.
the joints were so fly though...
But anyway, I remember him giving me his card so I could connect with him on a later note.
i never took the chance to read the card, due to me always on the go, so I guess it resurfaced for a reason.
The card carried valuable information on it.
On the front of the card were the words Black Is Beautiful to the side of a gorgeous black woman with an afro, leaning her head to the side. The websites followed.
On the backside were the words:
"Be humane...
end self hatred by practicing the 10 basic steps! - "The Code"
co-exist.


*Stop Snitching (there's a difference between being a witness and an informant- volunteering info for personal gain).
*Stop name-calling one another.
*Stop cursing at one another.
*Stop gossiping.
*Stop being discourteous to one another.
*Stop stealing from one another.
*Stop robbing one another.
*Stop fighing one another (does not include self defense).
*Stop killing one another.
*Stop squabbling with one another and asking others to settle it.
- Neely Fuller Jr.

*Replace the system of injustice with a system of justice.
Black Work Against Genocide..."

Now I can say how I feel on each of these steps...but it may not mean the same for you, as it does for me. So take these steps and apply them to your life as due fit.
I'm sure it'll make things ALOT better for you...
Anyway, I just figured I'd share this info with you...hope it helps!

visit their site @ http://www.blogger.com/www.whensleeperswakeup.com
and the myspace page @ www.myspace.com/thinkblackinstitute

Peace & Blessings
Lu

No comments: