Monday, May 26, 2008

The King...being recognized by The Prince

Sigh...I don't think I can ever read a book by Eric Jerome Dickey and become disappointed...

At least not lately...

I'm currently reading his latest- Pleasure, which had me in it's grip since the second page.

Just the way he writes from a woman's point of view so perfectly is just crazy- and geniuses usually are...

"His lingam did not fit my yoni the way a key should fit inside a lock.
It was just another erection. Another harness made of flesh and blood, a piece of meat that gained girth and length, the part of a man that became engorged when aroused. HE could tear down a brick wall with his bare hands but he could not let loose my heart. His key had rattled inside me, but my heart had not opened for him. He had rattled me then as he was rattling me now."

He becomes the character in his books, as if he's a ghost who can possess somebody, and make every one of their thoughts his own....

"I had hoped his desire for me had been cremated and scattered to the winds, set on fire by my negligence. I had let go. I didn't want to be brutal. I only wanted to be honest. But when it wasn't what the other person longer to hear, honesty tended to be brutal. Honesty sounded cruel. Honesty was evil.
The only other option was to lie. But a lie would not open the doors to my freedom. A lie would enslave me to what I was trying to escape. A lie did not benefit me in any positive way.
Sometimes trying to be honest without being brutal was like trying to swim and not get wet...
I was fighting for my freedom. I was fighting for something I already owned."

The thought provoking vocabulary scattered around expands the personal thesaurus in my mind...

The similes and metaphors...stellar.

"The truth was an ugly pimple on the face of a beautiful lie."

I'm on page 75, and I'm stuck...with no escape. Check it out.

About Pleasure:
How realistic is it to believe that one lover can satisfy a woman's every fantasy? Nia Simone Bijou is a woman who has it all - and is driven by the desire for more. Born in Trinidad, reared in Los Angeles, living in Atlanta, Nia is a writer, a thinker, and a woman in conflict. She's dealing with two sides of her Gemini self, feeling as if there are two women living inside her, both struggling for domination. One side of Nia is a logical yet heartbroken person who has never let go of an old pain, while the other side is a sensual woman who will not let her rest, desiring intimacy and sexual freedom, demanding Pleasure. In the sweltering heat of July, loneliness, desire, and a struggle with both the sensual self and fantasy inspire Nia to become sexually adventurous, meeting lovers who arouse her in diverse ways, lovers who give her unimaginable experiences, generous lovers who desire to please her as much as she desires to satisfy them. Fantasies spiral out of control, and with her life on the line, Nia discovers that Pleasure does not come without pain. Filled with passion, populated with characters that are sexually uninhibited, Pleasure is an unforgettable journey into a free-spirited world.

Buy it in stores, or online @ http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?id=4074842884677&isbn=0525950451

Watch out, bro...I'm coming after you!

Peace & Blessings
Lu

1 comment:

mercie said...

ur only on pg 75????
wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
hurry the fuck up..lol...
but i told u it was great!!