Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Registration



It's 7:10 am...
Do you know what Lucius is doing...?
He got up at 6...
And he's sitting in front of a computer...
Guess yet?
Ugh...
It's registration time, and if you're a college student, you understand exactly where I'm coming from.
For some reason, registration this time around was at 7am, when it used to be at 9...
You can only ask God why.
So I get up early...drag myself out of bed...and head to the library- half a mile away.
I finally reach the library, and I see one of my good friends, Mr. Rich, along with dozens of other people waiting to start registering. I link up with Rich, and take a look around.
The Internet Cafe is open, and that's completely full with a waiting line.
I was planning on going to the second floor, maybe even the third, but to my surprise- a gate is pulled down to block it's way!
At the time, it's 6:55...
I needed to get to a computer- in five minutes- five minutes ago.
Rich starts to look around, and like the army man he seems to be, he spots an opening that can get us upstairs...
A rope used to prevent people from going into the library, and an elevator beyond that.
He started to go under the rope.
I laughed and told him to stop- I know how the librarians are. They're Nazis, I guess police academy rejects! If they caught him trying to sneak into the closed off area of the library, they'd probably have his head...
He looked around, and did it anyway. I told him that if he gets through, I'm with him.
Well what do you know? He gets by.
I sneak under the rope as well.
He pressed the button for the elevator, backs up, and remains hidden behind a wall like a CIA agent. He says the elevator will make noise, so we can't be near it.
I doubted the librarians would be paying attention, but I followed the orders.
First floor- going up, said the elevator...
smart move.
So we waddle to the elevator and try not to make too much noise, because we're at the point of no return, and also at the point of if caught...who knows what the protector of books would do to us!

Calvin couldn't have said it any better...
But anyway, we get in the elevator, and get to the second floor, where there is an area of ALL computers. It's where students go to do their 'computer stuff'...The floor where you DON'T go if you want to get work done.
The computers just call you...they whisper your name if you manage to walk past them and sit at a desk...
They call you...with a soothing voice...until you finally decide, hey...maybe if I get on the computer for a LITTLE bit, it won't hurt...I need to take a break between studying anyway- when you haven't even STARTED studying!
I know it's not just me...lol.
Anyway, Rich is about to exit the elevator, but I pull him back in and tell him not to. The librarian that we were dodging has a straight view of the second floor, and as soon as she saw us beyond that gate...hmph.
He said I was right, surprising, because when it comes to Rich, he's always right!
I smiled to myself as we headed to the third floor, where there was a computer classroom. I prayed that it was open, because unlike the second floor where the computers are available in mass, the computer classroom had a door- that could be locked.
We get to the third floor, ignore the talking elevator, and sneak up to the classroom.
"I hope it's open." Rich says.
Stole the thought from my mind.
Thief.
I do the honors, and wallah(sp), the door opens!
"Bingo!" Rich says as we step in and turn on the lights.
It's now 7, and registration has STARTED.
I'm not sweating too much though, because there were dozens of children sitting downstairs waiting for a free computer- those without a laptop, or those who refused to spend the night in the library.
As I logged into the computer, rich was talking alot about bucking the system...and about how if I hang with him, I get free access, and blah...lol. No disrespect, but I was too focused on getting these classes. I was already behind the race.\
I log in, and try to add my first class, and....
System Error. You may register on- tomorrow?!
What the hell?! I wondered. Why??
I went to see if I had any holds- dues to pay the school that hold your access to your transcripts, and prevent you from registering...
none.
Then what was the problem??

{Sigh}...as if I didn't have enough stress on me already.
ooouuusssssaaaaaa! (where are the blue berriesssssssss? LOL- JK! But seriously...)
If you're registering, good luck...I hope you get the classes you need.
As for me...it's in God's hands.

Peace & Blessings
Lu

P.S. At the end of the day, the next day I woke up early and didn't have to run to the library, because there was nobody inside the comp lab in my apartment complex...
So I sat there and found the classes I needed at times I wanted!
So everything worked out! :-)

No comments: