Friday, March 7, 2008

Page 143


I wanted to read a specific page with her
No one else…
I wanted to share that exact read…
Page 143.
She started to read,
but was finished with that page
long before I was.
I found it interesting,
exciting,
very complex- but worth the read.
She found it boring,
tedious,
with big words that she refused to look up…
I told her to read it again; to analyze it more,
pull anything can from it that she could;
asked her to have a little patience,
and she may then seen the astonishing things I saw.
She wanted to turn the page
She let her eyes skim,
but I knew she wasn’t reading.
I pleaded with her to not turn the page,
for I was still reading.
She turned the page.
I turned it back.
She turned the page.
I turned it back.
She turned the page,
I held it up so I could read the page- and she could read the next…...
Seeing her enjoy the passages to come, I closed the book.
New Story.

Copyright © 2008 by Lucius McCall. All rights reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a really good poem-- touching.. i really felt it and enjoyed it.. <3 .