Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Break Up {Part 4}

Silence…
Silence…
Silence…
“See, ma…this is what I’m used to…
you let me say whatever, but you can’t respond, boo boo?”
Silence…
A sob...
Silence…
“You know what, forget this, ma…
I’ll talk to you when you can finally gather your thoughts.”
Click.
I call honey dip up
to see if she can get up
She says scoop her at 8, I say “That’s a bet, mama.”
On the way I get a call from my ex
-two choices: Accept...Reject
I ignore it, 'cause really I don’t need any more stress.
New Voicemail.
Get to shorty crib…pull up in the 7.45
At 7:45
Tell me why I see another car in the driveway?
Sheist!
I think whoa…she's not my girl- I cant call it cheating if she's with another
But what the hell do you call this if we're messing with each other?
My ex would never ever do these things…
Riding home I’m thinking, damn, how could I mistreat a blessing?
Oh, I forgot…I had a message
From the one and only…
Listened to it, didn't like what it said 2 me…
“The reason I don’t tell you how I feel
everyday, is because I feel that you already know the deal.
Why do I have to tell you over and over
that my love for you bubbles like vinegar and baking soda?
Why do I have to say again and again
that I have to be your girl, my love for you is too deep to be your friend?
Why do I have to repeat and repeat
That you’re the only person who makes me complete?
You wiped my teary eyes when I couldn’t see
soft kisses and massages when I couldn't sleep
Took good care of me when I was sick
and for some reason you feel I don't appreciate this...
Even though I try and show you with my actions, its tough
because you always act as if what I do is never enough.
Do you have to hear this all the time- I can't just show
-or is your self esteem really that low...
that you can't just go along, trust what I say once
-instead you explode like a fucking gun?
Fine, go head, do you as I do me.
I’ll be okay when the pain is done piercing through me
Just know this…you lost something good
And since you couldn't handle me, I know somebody could.
Have a nice life.”

Peace & Blessings
Lu

1 comment:

Hollow said...

more!!!!

♥ angel...here for a reason ♥