Monday, March 17, 2008

The Break Up {Part 2}

I miss her.
I push away my pride and call her later on that week,
'cause I don't believe we're done, so I just have to see.
She picks up after three rings,
I ask "how you doing?
how's your life going, and how are things with your new man?"
"I don't have a man." she responds to my awe
"He was just a friend. What I told you was out of anger, I never wanted us to end."
"Really?"
"Really.
What you did was make my heart ache. I acted the way I did to show you I loved you, not be your heartbreak."
"Then why don't you ever call?"
"What happens whenever I call? We have an arguement, and that's pretty much all!"
"Because you grunt when I call!"
"I have pride problems...to be back with you, I'll do what I can do to solve em."
"Pride problems?"
"Yes, I'm, stalling when I see that you're calling
-rush to the phone, pace before I pick up so I don't pick up wrong."
"Wrong?"
"I can't let you hear my voice so excited. So I front like I'm not sprung- I try my best to hide it."
Silence...
...
I say..."Baby, don't you know that's what I want?
I want you, I want us, baby- I want this to work.
But this can't work if you're holding all that in,
'cause I could have sworn that you were done, that you were over me, man.
I ask questions constantly to hear your thoughts, I thought u were tired of it...
thought you felt I was a job and wanted to be retired from it."
"Whoa, boo...you got it wrong.
I actually love it when you ask me things- just so I can open my heart,
'cause I knew you would'nt hear it any other way from the start."
"Babe, why can't you just be real with me?
Open up, let me kno whats the deal, baby?
Hold on, someone's calling the other line."
(pause)
it's the other chick, I tell her I'll have to chat with her another time...

to be continued...
Peace & Blessings
Lu

No comments: