Thursday, February 21, 2008

Humility

Oh, Lord...please bless me with more humility than I can bear...please.
Please.
Lately, I've been very humble, caring, understanding, and very nice- nicer than before. I used to just thinka bout myself, and not give a crap about anything, or anyone else...
I lived the fast life, and refused to be slowed down.
By anything.
But I found myself, and became very humble...
Tried to keep happiness and love flowing with my every move...
avoided beef and anger when unneccesary...
I became a really 'cool' guy...laid back...nice.
I've been trying to keep this, up...and I'm being tested every day.
I used to have anger problems. You'd never know if I never told you...
I call that progress.
Had to take a class and everything...
But I'm over that, and I'm very...chill...
I don't let things get to me as much...
But this is tested every day...
EVERY DAY.
Lord God in heaven- Jesus- please give me peace of mind, and let me hold it!
I walk into the library, and see my boy, and there's a girl sitting next to him. A bigger woman, not attractive in the least bit. I remember her from a party a couple weeks ago...she was with a group of women referred to as the 'gorilla women', because they seemed to be straight hoodratish. One was trying to fight, and her tracks needed replacing, colored contacts in, loud, obnoxious...blah blah blah...
Ghetto girls.
Not my thing.
I say what's up to my friend, and he asks me why I'm talking so loud.
I tell him its probably because I have my headphones on...
She- keep in mind, I've never talked to this girl in my life- says "Then why don't you take them off??" With a stern tone in her voice...
wow.
I mock her, continue to talk to my boy so she'll get the picture (picture= I DONT wanna talk to you...don't talk about me, cuz I don't know you)
I then walk away, feel her mugging my back (saw her mugging my front when I allowed her to), and I hear her loudly, and quite frankly say
"Why is he wearing a MOREHOUSE sweater, knowing damn well he don't go to MOREHOUSE?"
I'll kill her, and....
know what?
ouussaaa.


Maybe I'm over reacting...lol. I used to do that alot.
She talked to me a lil later with a nicer tone...so I guess it's good that I didn't lose it...lol.
Praise God.

Peace & Blessings
Lucius McCall

No comments: