Monday, February 4, 2008

GOONS

Now I've wanted to write on this subject for some time now...
but I kept putting it off...
over and over...
over and over...
why? because I'm not the type to stereotype. I'm not the close-minded type that says you are a certain way because of your appearance.
I've been a victim of that, and I don't like it- therefore I try not to do it to others.
But I've started to call a dog a dog.
I'm currently...........furious.
I'm not ranting and raging though, I know how to hold my anger...
can't say the same about my liquor, but that's another story.
haha...jk
had to try to lighten up the mood a lil.
I'm furious...
I'm a very, very, very lenient, patient, loving, caring, and understanding guy...
very.
Some people take this kind trait for weakness.
No, actually alot of people...
Let's get into this...you know how I am, but I'll try to keep it short.
About a month ago, my roomate got a new group of friends. If you looked at these guys, you would think "gangsters who weren't going anywhere in life."
Goons.
I started to think this too, because I never saw them go to class. I saw them go outside to smoke, I saw them drinking every day literally- whiskey and brandy (ugh), I heard the type of music they listened to when they would play music at the highest volume at 3 in the morning, saw how they talked about and treated women, and I talked to them.
I realized who I was dealing with when I asked one of them if he was a gangster, and he hopped out of his seat so quick and looked at me as if I tried (disrespected) him. He then gave me this long speech of how he was a "certified gangster and goon", and how he had stripes in the streets of Bankhead Court.
"If you unn like it, get some straightnin!"
It's funny how he turned out to be the coolest one...always respected me.
But that's beside the point.
All of a sudden things started to disappear...
Things like my apple juice- I had a huge bottle that i bought with my last couple of dollars, and i wrapped it in a bag so it would be separate from everything else in the fridge- so nobody with common sense would open it up. I didn't even have a full cup from it. When I was ready for my cup, it was gone.
I had four plastic cups- copped em from the Wal world- they went with my plate and bowl set. When the goons would come over, they would open my damn cupboard, take my damn cups, pour their damn drink in it, drink it- who knows where their lips have been- and put it in the damn sink.
Did they wash it? Do they wash it? No.
And the FUNNY thing is as follows:
All my cups are now gone- to God knows where- and they are now using my measuring cup to drink whatever.
wow.
it amazes me.
they can surely use my room mate's (their host) cups! But they don't want to. They know I'm going to clean, and reclean my cups, so they just keep using them, while I try to keep things clean like a maid. It got to the point where I started to wash my dishes, and realized I didn't even use the dishes I was washing- for days!
So I said forget it...
The next day surprised me. My dishes were cleaned by my room mate.
Respect.
I thanked him, and let him know I appreciated it.
If there was a choice between washing a damn cup, or using a measuring cup- what would you choose?
My glasses- It took for one to break with me present to realize they were all gone. I had several glasses. How many do I have now?
0
One day as I left to hit up the club, I saw one of the dreads shaking up something in a cup- container that my grandmother gave to me and specifically told me to take care of. I left, thought about it, and then returned to tell him to make sure he doesn’t lose that cup because it was my grandmother’s.
The next day I couldn’t find the cup. Anywhere.
Days went by, and I finally decided to text my room mate about respect…and what’s been going on as if he didn’t know.
Days later, the container was returned to me.
Why would you take it out of the apartment you got it from??? It’s not yours!
Now that’s just the least of it- a little of my problems, not even all. Things escalated when my friends’ things started to disappear.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but then realized that none of this B.S. happened before they came and took over the apartment. I thought I met 3 other people to live with in the apartment with me. Not 7…
But anyway, a female friend of mine came over to chill and we went next door to study because it was too loud in the apartment- even though me and my friends were there first, and it was pretty simple to see that we were studying- if you had common sense.
We returned to the room…
Her Ipod disappeared…
The goons were gone.
She threw a fit upon the goons’ return to the apartment, and they got angry and started to defend themselves- with no legit defense!
Long story short, there was a lot of yelling and one of them nearly fought me because I stepped in between him and a girl that he seemed close to putting his hands on. I handled the situation maturely, and this is why I am still in school.
She got the Ipod back, but why was it taken in the first place? Taken to a club at that…?
I threw a party for my lil brother, and a guest’s camera disappeared. They said that they never saw it, and didn’t have it…
She looked everywhere else…
The camera has still not been retrieved.
My Alize’ that I paid 20 dollars for that I left in the freezer disappeared. I got it back, after changing my attitude for a little bit, and thinking about blowing up if I didn’t get my bottle back, or my dub…
It’s in the freezer in my room now. The deal is- I shouldn’t have to do that to ensure the safety of my items.
I shouldn’t have to change my attitude to get respect.
Especially when I show them the utmost respect, no matter HOW they look or act.
My lil brother overheard them talking, and he said the conversation went like this:
“Ay, did you really lose it, or you knew where it was the whole time?”
“I knew where that shit was…”
Huh? Why?
I tried to give the benefit of the doubt, time after time- until I opened the community fridge and saw my lil brother's birthday cake missing.
Okay. That didn't set it off.
I looked in the sink and saw the container, with one more piece left inside.
Also inside was a small bowl with the bone of a wing inside of it.
Okay. That didn't set it off.
What set it off the most was the fact that I wanted a DAMN piece of the freaking cake!! God, I wish I could curse, but looking ignorant is an allergy of mine.
jk...what set it off was the lack of the respect that is issued to a man who does nothing but respect everyone.
I've had enough.
If I have to be a damn goon for a night to get respect, and keep my ish- AND get it back, then I will have to...
not.
There's a way I can handle it maturely without stooping to their level...
And the most hood one out of all of em who's been in and out of jail shows me so much love...so much respect...
It's funny how cookies crumble.
Ugh.
Back to the room...
stay tuned

Peace & Blessings
Lucius McCall

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL yeahhh im sooo sorry about this!
its time to start KILLIN people! lol
seriously tho-- you need to make moves so this doesnt continue, plus you know u always got me if you need me--

Anonymous said...

yea i get what u sayin..u cant change or try to change people just let them see their ways..glad i got my ipod bac...lol

Milah.b said...

wow.
1. ur an amazing writer
2. god bless ur heart cuz i woulda been got kicked out for crackin somebody head open

love u
-your sister