Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Diamond

A diamond...
-colorless, and pure- like love is
alluring, so you can't do anything but love it
You were a diamond, but they treated you like glass
remained a diamond, so i won't judge you on your past
came hard from pressure, emerges you
no number two, boo- there was just you
with unique cuts, you shine so bright
Saw you, and like a diamond- had to make you mine
Got you, now i'm blinging with you on my arm
resting on my chest as I lay, embracing your charm
then I had to listen to the dirt about your past
alot of heat, pressure, darkness, and dirt in your past
They tricked you, traded attention for your innocence
You didn't even realize your value, so ignorantly you were into it
But no more, I'm going to treat you like your cost:
PRICELESS
- all those other fools have lost
see they had you temporarily, i have you for good
I'm also getting all the things that they wish they could
Everytime i'm in trouble, you have my back
Thet's why in return I'll try my hardest to get your shine back
When you smile, your face glows- my heart also melts,
And i wonder why something from heaven can go thru so much hell
but its ok, you're uncrushable- unlike their shells
and you can take all the heat because diamonds dont melt
you're close; wrapped around my finger- BUT you make me
these others SEEM like diamonds, but we kno they're faking
cubic zirconia- try to, but aint you
jealousy and envy cause them to hate you
they spread their little nonsense, try to break you
but they'll only get my attention if i choose to downgrade, boo
On days full of heat, i hold you then turn cool
Now I'm sweating, can't think cuz I think I lost you
you can't be gone, I hear them say diamonds are forever
You're my diamond... therefore you are mine forever



No comments: